Help break the cycle of poverty
10% of the world lives on less than $1.90 a day. Some of the biggest tools to fight poverty come from the simplest solutions – training, loans, seeds, animals, and access to marketplaces. Helping people provide for themselves creates change that can be seen for generations. Women in particular experience the positive effects by being able to enter a marketplace previously closed to them and providing dependable income, self-reliance, and even safety, to them and their children.
Did you Know?
Empowerment is the best lesson you can teach someone. If you give a man a fish, you feed him for one day. But if you teach a man to fish, he will be able to feed himself for a lifetime.
Here are some of the ways ADRA is helping families increase income generation and livelihood opportunities:
– Providing training in agriculture, food processing and livestock
– Distributing seeds and tools to grow gardens and nurseries with nutritious vegetables
– Establishing savings and loans groups in the communities
– Increasing productivity of the land through innovative systems such as SALT
– Implementing water tanks, taps, and drip irrigation systems to increase access to clean water sources